Yields 12 muffins
Serving Size: 1 muffin
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 3/4 cups shredded zucchini, with peel (1 medium zucchini)
1/2 cup shredded carrot, with peel (1 medium or large carrot)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar, granulated or crystals
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of shredded coconut flakes
1/2 cup crushed pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line twelve muffin tins on a oven-safe pan or a muffin pan. Spray with PAM or line with a little oil (if you have tin muffin pans, they are already nonstick).
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (vanilla extract, sugar, eggs, and oil). Beat the eggs properly. Since I used brown sugar crystals, I had to make sure the sugar is completely mixed in (dissolved basically) so be sure to stir properly.
4. Mix together the wet and the dry ingredients. Stir thoroughly till the mix becomes a batter-like consistency.
5. Fill the 12 muffin tins evenly with about 1 scoop full of batter (they’ll become about 3/4ths full depending on the size of your muffin tin). If you want to add some more flavor, sprinkle your muffins with either shredded coconut or crushed pecans.
6. Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes and check if your muffins are cooked using a toothpick. Enjoy! If you want to eat these muffins with your morning breakfast or afternoon snack, I recommend warming them up a little since they taste better that way.