Just a heads up, you will be getting a lot of notifications about new posts tonight because I’m making dinner for a few families and decided to create a variety of traditional Indian dishes and a few American-style ones as well that I would love to share with you all! They are all going to be made with an authentic blend of spices and a wide range of vegetables so they are unique and delicious. The first one tonight is a crispy cauliflower tomato dish that can be either used as a main entree or a side dish. I served it with some yogurt on the side. Cauliflower is part of the cruciferous vegetable family, which has been researched to be best for weight loss and for a healthy dose of vitamins so this dish is a great recipe for vegetarians and vegans! Don’t be creeped out if your cauliflower turns yellow – that is because of the turmeric powder and is an authentic Indian spice that only heightens the taste of this dish!
Yields 4 – 6 Servings
2 cups chopped cauliflower
4 – 6 small tomatoes chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp salt
5-7 curry leaves
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp cilantro leaves
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tbsp freshly grated garlic
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Chop and wash the cauliflower.
2. Toss the cauliflower with olive oil turmeric powder, salt, black pepper, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, and curry leaves into a pot.
3. Cook for about five minutes and then toss in the tomatoes.
4. Grate the ginger and garlic into the pot. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and stir-fry together.
5. Your dish is ready to serve when the cauliflower is crisp and the tomatoes are fully roasted! Yumm, I cannot wait to dig in and enjoy.