I made two M&M cupcakes here in the microwave a few weeks back (this recipe is really similar to that one so you can follow either or). Well, for dessert last night, I made a single serving vanilla cupcake with a hidden surprise inside for my little brother : ) It was so easy to make – took me less than ten minutes to make since it cooked in less than two minutes in the microwave. It’s the perfect dessert for anyone who is craving something sweet and there’s nothing satisfying lying around. The cupcake is moist and soft, and I decorated it with some sugar coating to make it even tastier for my little brother, but you don’t have to do that if you don’t want. The cupcake is enjoyable alone too, especially warm! Plus, the surprise was great since you can’t see it when you unwrap the cupcake, but it makes the cupcake so tasty and sweet when you bite into it!
Yields 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1/16th tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp M&Ms (you can use any surprise you want whether it be chocolate chips, sprinkles, fruit, etc.)
1 – 2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp oil or melted butter (I used melted butter, but vegans can use coconut oil, applesauce, vegan butter, or canola oil)
2 tbsp milk (I used skim milk – you can use almond or soy milk or even water if you are vegan)
1/4 – 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Pour half the batter into a muffin tin (if they are foil tins, they don’t need to be sprayed or oiled; otherwise, spray the muffin tin with a little PAM or some oil).
3. Place your hidden surprise into the center of the muffin.
4. Pour the rest of the batter on top of your hidden surprise.
5. Place the muffin into the microwave and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Check if the muffin is cooked with a toothpick. Eat warm!