one apple slice with pumpkin flax granola
If you’re anything like me, you are always craving something sweet and satisfying. But, you look at that chocolate bar’s nutrition facts, and you can already feel your hard work to stay on a diet flying away. Well, that’s when I decided to experiment a little with the famous baked apple dessert, which you can even use as an afternoon snack! Everyone has to have heard of apple crisp. Well, I personally LOVE granola. I live by it, no joke. My favorite one is pumpkin flax granola, which you can find here, and it is also the one I used in this recipe. Since I love granola SO much, I thought of combining it with apples into a jumbo, yummy dessert! I hope you enjoy this tasty yet guilty free dessert as much as I do! 🙂
Yields 2 Servings
Serving Size: 1/2 apple with toppings
1 large apple, sliced into two large pieces (slice down the core on both sides, remove the core and you are left with two apple slices with flat tops)
2 tbsp honey (you could use butter in place of honey if you wanted)
2 tsp brown sugar (optional – only if you feel you want some more sugar)
4 tbsp nature path’s pumpkin flax seed granola (this is my personal favorite, but you can use any you want – I’ve tried nature valley honey granola as well and it tasted just as amazing)
1. Place the two apple slices on a microwavable plate.
2. Using a knife, spread 1 tbsp of honey onto each slice.
3. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of brown sugar onto both of the slices, sticking it to the honey.
4. Microwave the apples for ~ 4 minutes.
5. Remove the plate and sprinkle both apples with granola and enjoy! Be careful, as the apple may still be hot. Some may prefer to use a knife to cut the apple slices into halves or to use utensils to eat because the honey does make the dessert sticky!