1. Heat the tortilla slightly in a toaster or in the microwave lying a damp paper towel over it to keep the moisture.
2. Prepare all the vegetables.
3. Spread the sunflower butter onto the tortilla evenly.
4. Line the mothbeans along the center. Then, place the cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and carrots. Finely, top with the parsley leaves and spices. Wrap the tortilla either as a wrap or as a quesadilla. Enjoy!
Starting your morning off with a healthy dose of protein and carbohydrates has proven to keep you fuller for longer and to give you more energy to start your day. This morning, I decided to make a protein filled sandwich and threw in some healthy omega-3 fatty acids while I was at it! It was a pretty easy breakfast and only took ten minutes to make. You can even make this as a lunch or dinner entree, or eat it after you workout for muscle recovery. I hope you enjoy!
Yields 1 Serving
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
3 large eggs (I used 2/3 cup of egg beaters but feel free to choose which egg you want)
1 cup raw spinach
1 cup raw mushroom, sliced
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 slices of whole grain bread (I used Arnold’s Whole Wheat Thins)
3 sprays of PAM (you may want to use olive oil or butter, feel free to choose any oil base)
1. Spray or evenly distribute your sauce pan with your choice of oil base. Place the spinach and mushrooms (you can alter the vegetables chosen as per your choice) into the saucepan and wait till they have fully cooked.
2. Pour the eggs. As an omelette starts to form, sprinkle the top with flaxseeds. In the meantime, toast your bread.
3. As one side of your omelette is finished, flip it and cook the other side. When it is finally well-done, fold your omelette into pieces as if a patty and place it between your bread slices. Bon appetit!