Yields 9″ or 8″ inch round cake (10 – 12 servings)
1 packet of Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Coffee Crumb Cake
1 packet of Trader Joe’s Coffee Crumble Pieces
2/3 cup water
9 1/2 tbsp melted butter or softened butter (can replace with canola oil)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix together the cake flour, egg, water, and 6 tbsp butter/oil.
3. Mix together the coffee crumble mix and 3 1/2 tbsp of butter/oil.
4. Spray a 9″ or 8″ inch round cake tin with some PAM.
5. Pour half of the cake batter into the pan.
6. Sprinkle half of the crumbles around the cake – this will give the cake some crumbles in the center once baked.
7. Top the crumbles with the rest of the batter and then sprinkle the remaining crumbles on top. This way, your cake will have those delicious coffee crumbles in the center and on top of the cake!!
5. Bake for about 45 minutes and check if the cake is done with a toothpick. Store in an airtight container for about a week.