Yields 12 – 15 servings
Serving Size: 1 large dose (crepe-sized)
2 cups quinoa
2 cups water
2 green chilies
1 tbsp ginger
1/4 cup rice flour or chickpea flour
1 tsp Eno (baking soda)
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp oil or butter
1. Soak quinoa in the water for 15 – 20 minutes.
2. Blend the quinoa, chilies, and ginger with a little water – it should not be of watery consistency.
3. Mix the quinoa batter with the rice flour, Eno, salt. Let it sit for ~ 5 minutes and in the meantime, heat the skillet.
4. Spray the skillet with a little PAM or line with some butter/oil.
5. Have a small bowl of water and a paper towel. Squeeze out the extra water from the towel and wipe down the skillet. The water droplets will simmer and that is what you want.
6. Use a measuring cup of 1/2 cup filled with batter and pour the batter into the center of the skillet. Using the back of the measuring cup or a spatula, spread the batter around the skillet evenly into the shape of a thin, gigantic circle like a crepe.
6. Let the dosa cook – it will change color and become crispy. Remove from the skillet when the dosa is at the crispness you wish by rolling the dosa over from one side to the other into a tube-shape.
7. Enjoy warm with some dip, yogurt, butter, or alone!